In the time of the Covid-19 pandemic CTU Library serves as online learning support for the university, students and academics. CTU Central Library provides many services to make online work easier.
CTU Central Library online services
In need of study materials
Despite CTU libraries opening hours in the time of Covid-19 pandemic are limited, many services including reservations and borrowing are provided.
For borrowing a book you need to be registered at least in one of the CTU libraries. Register and work from home, out off CTU network.
Reserve and borrow a book you need in the library which you made your reservation in (please wait for e-mail notification about completed reservation procedure). See Library opening hours.
Access to Library Catalogue:
Sign in using your Usermap/KOS name and PIN code (set during registration process at the CTU library).
HINT! Do you have difficulty to remember your Usermap/KOS name? You may use your personal number, which is on your ISIC/CTU identity card instead.
In case you are not sure which electronic source to use put few keywords in library search engine. You will get directly to the book or the article in fulltext form (in case CTU has access to required item), continue working within CTU IP address range.
Notice: In case you work out off CTU network, get remote access to e-resources via - Shibboleth.
Do you need access to particular database? Try alphabetical list.
Databases are classified by integrative categories such as citations, multidisciplinary, factual, special, etc.
There is a growing number of available open access (OA) academic and scholar material including articles and e-books.
OA repositories (journals):
More on important institutional and other specialized repositories in Information resources catalogue under Open Access information resources and Dissertation tabs.
- DOAB (Directory of Open Access books) – OA books of a number of academic and research publishers - both, commercial research publishers (eg. Springer) as well as academic publishers of major universities and research centers (MIT, Cambridge University, Oxford University, etc.). All books in DOAB have been peer-reviewed and published under Creative Commons license.
- OAPEN (Open Access Publishing in European Networks) - Register of OA books, especially in the field of social sciences and humanities including law, economics, architecture, art, landscape and environment, IT, natural sciences.
|Direct Access||Remote Access(Shibboleth)|
CTU Library provided trial access to Statista until December 2020. Statista provides quantitative data and statistics on over 80,000 subjects from more than 22,500 sources. Reports, infographics and revenue forecasts on over 400 industries, which are included as well. Statista allows access to the most recent and relevant statistics and studies on specific subject by entering a keyword.
- Click Login then Campus Access.
- Select CVUT (from the list of institutions) and click Login (section If you have access).
- You will be asked to enter your CTU Usermap/KOS name and password.
AMS journals, MathSciNet - remote access
In the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, the American Mathematical Society is willing to assist in maintaining access to online products to which CTU has subscribed. MathSciNet offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for mathematical sciences literature.
In need of an advice
Despite the Covid-19 situation the consultations for students are provided either online or by phone.
- by phone (Mon - Fri)
- online (e-mail our staff member or arrange a meeting using Microsoft Teams on the basis of your assignment)
Face to face consultations can be arranged as well.
Mgr. Michaela Morysková
Mobil: +420 725 846 190
Writing but not sure about referencing
Mgr. Michaela Morysková
Help with remote access to information resources
How to use particular database
Mgr. David Skoruša
Not successful at getting access to e-books or e-textbooks
Mgr. Tereza Šorejsová
- 1st year student handbook
- Forum for doctoral study programme
- E-learning course for doctoral study programme